Given below are what is considered the ten best tips for website success during the year 2011
1. Get your keywords right: Research it and then re-research it. This is of immense value. Before you venture to build a site know precisely the list of keywords you would focus on.
2. Give weight to headers: The header phrase or tags you would use is the most important chance for informing the search engines of the most vital phrase or keyword on your site.
3. Emphasize keywords using attention getters: We are not referring here to placing smiley’s and other gimmicks. Instead we are referring to the use of italics and the underlining function to further enhance and emphasize your keywords.
4. Get the correct penetration of keywords: Keywords should be used adequately but cannot become overkill. The best web content without adequate keyword exposure is useless. So is keywords usage, which does flow or blend in with the content. There are a few worthwhile benchmarks for keyword usage. In percentage terms the primary keyword should occur an average of 2% of the time. In terms of usage intervals the ideal would be for the primary keyword to be used for every 200 words.
5.Have a savvy navigational structure: Facilitate the search engine to access your site and maneuver through it by having heaps of links internally in the site.
6. Give attention to building Contextual links: Which is to say, link up a page wherever applicable and whenever possible to a phrase or keywords. As an example a page using the keyword wooden furniture should get immediately linked to a page, which is regarding furniture made from wood.
7. Incorporate a vast number of high quality links as possible. The importance of this cannot be over emphasized. Links could be the singular difference between a high ranking web site compared to the others in the field.
8. Entice viewer interaction: Make your website a alive phenomenon. This could convert the browsing viewer to an interested viewer and then to a regular viewer. At the outset you need to move him from being merely a viewer to almost a partner. Try one or all of the following tools. Create some opinion or rating polls, it gets people thinking on the lines you are suggesting. Get feedback, if not directly using Q&A’s and then user comments. Surf the other sites and get some ideas that can be planted by you.
Encourage visitor interaction: create some polls; encourage feedback, anything to involve your visitors.
9. Keep Content fresh. No one likes stale stuff, content included. Keep it as fresh as you possibly can.
10. Diversify: It is too much to expect all sites to be a cash cow. Diversify the placement of eggs. Once it turns around into the positive and starts earning cash, invest more resources for it to be enhanced to an even greater cash source.
SEO is not rocket science. We hope the tips will assist you to make your website more rewarding to your self and the viewers.