Blogging is a new genre of writing, which has a great future ahead of it. There are tones of students who are Internet junkies and if they can start blogging while in school they would be building up an essential DNA for success in their future career. The days when companies depended on formal news release are gone. Currently there is a more live personalized writing format that is taking route in the business community through blogging. As the language is different in essence to other genres of writing, starting in school would build up a competitive advantage for the student.
Blogging brings out the personality of the person writing which makes him or her stand out from the crowd. However, to do it in a manner where it can become an art or a business tool would require coaching. Most genres of writing like literary writing, business letter writing, story telling begins while in school. Expression is also given in school life for these genres through the writing to the school magazine and yearbooks. Blogging should also come into this open forum through having school blogs, team blogs and class blogs. These have to be supervised by school authorities so that students can prepare themselves for the serious usage of blogging as they leave school. In fact there is a belief in some quarters that a resume will be a thing of the past and organizations will have their first view of a potential employee by viewing his blog.
The following reasons should propel a current student to start blogging even if the schools they attend do not agree with the recommendations of what has been said up to now.
1. Affordable: Probably the most affordable tool available. Any student can begin blogging without serious expenditure.
2. Resume: As a student fleshes out his passions, his goals and views on a blog it becomes the resume that is needed to make needed contacts for the future.
3. Source of income while studying: Money is of essence to many students, both for their own use as well as to pay their tuition. While the traditional part time job is useful a blog with great content, can make good money by way of Google’s Adsense or Reviews. A committed blogger can earn way beyond a fixed part time job.
4. Skill improvement: Writing and editing skills can be improved through blogging. Skills, which were known as presse writing can now be transformed to article rewriting, proofreading or validation.
5. Business experience: Having a successful blog is like having a business. You have to make it a success in a competitive environment. Competition has to be researched the blog promoted and marketed. These are excellent skills needed for the corporate world. One can begin to hone these skills up while in school through blogging.
Skills are learnt incrementally. Starting a blog early while in school could give you a competitive edge for the future.