It is a known method to get dofollow backlink via blog commenting. There are more blogs involved in this movement these days. The force towards nofollow groups grows as more blog networks like WordPress, Blogspot, Typepad, etc are making their default comment section to nofollow abiding Google’s Webmaster rules. However, there are some bloggers willing to take trouble using special plugins or application just to remove that evil rel=”nofollow” tag from their default blog platform. All the trouble is to give some credit towards commentators who adds more value to the blog with new contents and to give a boost for a new blog to reach new level with increase blog traffic.
The nature of dofollow blogs is slowly turned into spam blogs where more and more link builders start to spam these blogs. There are some automated blog commenting software that comments like human to thousands of blogs in a single click. This is spamming and puts more burden to dofollow blogs moderators to filter those spammy comments. Even though, if you write a good and sincere comment, it might be seen as spam comment by the blog admin. It is worth the trouble to get a dofollow backlink from blog commenting for many link builders.
Some dofollow blogs tend to give up dofollow plugin within short period of time. I used to support dofollow plugin for nearly 2 years on Atniz.com blog but gave up due to heavy spam comments. I’m the type of person who will scan through spam box too. There are some genuine comments caught in Akismet spam filter net. At a time, I receive more than 100 comments a day where almost 95% are spam. It is difficult to find 5 genuine comments from 100 spam comments each day. So, I gave up dofollow plugin and reduced the burden of moderation hundreds of spam comments each day.
If you don’t want give a hard time to the dofollow blog admin and move him to the corner of giving up dofollow blogs, then you need to start commenting as a human. There are only a fraction dofollow blogs with good reputation available online and I believe it may go extinct in next 10 years. If we can control our desire to get more links from dofollow blogs via spamming, low quality comments, automated software; then it is doom for all dofollow blogs that may or will give up sooner or later.
If you want to get your comment approved easily on dofollow blogs or any other high authority blogs, then you should follow these steps:
1. Use name instead of keyword
2. Stop writing less than 10 words of comment, instead write more than 30 words per comment.
3. Do not write more than 2 comments per blog, per day. Because, your IP will be recorded and if you try to use other name or keyword and try to comment more, it will most probably get into spam box.
3. Engage with others commentators on the blog post.
4. Ask relevant question to the author from the blog post.
5. Don’t use more than one link in your comment (Do not use link in comment body section)
6. Don’t use any automated comment submitting software (This will even get you penalized from Google).