Are you having a company that targets your local customer and plans to expand your services to online? If you don’t concentrate on geo-targeting traffic, most probably you will get huge visitors referred from countries like United States, India, Indonesia, etc. So, what you should do to get traffic from certain country that you currently providing services? Follow below steps and monitor your traffic from your targeted country rise.
1. Domain name -*10% contribution
- Select a domain name that consist 2 important keywords. First is the place where you offer this service. Let’s say, you are targeting Penang state in Malaysia. So, the best keyword could be “Penang” for first keyword.
- For second keyword is for your services. I know it is very hard to summarize our services in one word. But, choosing a good keyword that explains everything about what you do is very important. Let’s say you are selling computers in Penang. You can select “Penangcomputer.com.my” as your domain.
- Take note that TLD you selected is best to have your country targeted suffix. This is the best combination that you can choose
- The importance of selecting good domain name only contributes less than 10% effect to draw geographical targeted visitors.
2. Local Hosting -*10% contribution
- Commonly, local hosted sites are easier and faster to download compared to overseas hosted websites.
- Search engine will give more credit to your local search if your site is hosted locally. For example, if you are targeting for UK traffic, try to host it in UK hosting servers.
3. Geo-Setting -*20% contribution
- Register an account with google webmaster and get your website or blog verified there. Follow instruction given google webmaster guidelines on how to geo setting your website on webmaster tool. You can do this within a minute.
- If you check your analytics frequently, you would have noticed that a large numbers of visitors referred from google search engine compared with other search engines like Yahoo or Bing. This is the way we tell google to send us visitors from our targeted countries.
- The importance of geo setting your website on google webmaster tool is extremely important. It can contribute over 20% to draw geographical targeted visitors.
4. Backlinks -*60% contribution
- Quality backlinks is the most important part in search engine optimization (SEO). That is why, the contribution of backlinks given higher importance level in any SEO works. Getting on top search results for your targeted keywords can get thousands of visitors daily referred from search engines. Get more local backlinks (websites or blogs that have huge local traffic).
- For example, if you are targeting traffic from UK, then go to google.co.uk and search for your preferred keyword. Try to get backlinks from search results websites and blogs. I know it is not easy to get dofollow anchored backlink from these sites. You can use trackbacks, blog commenting, moderate link exchanges, pay money, etc to get backlinks from these sites.
- Also, try to get backlinks on geo targeted TLD domains. For example, if you targeting for UK traffic, try to get a backlink from .co.uk TLD websites and blogs. Take note that, only dofollow backlink will help you increase SERP ranking in google. Getting nofollow links will help you in other search engine like Yahoo.
*The percentage value shows contribution towards attracting geo-targeted traffic. This is just an assumption from my point of view based on trial and comments from those who have tried. The real contribution from search engine point of view could be vary.