It’s been a trend using SEO scam on website owners. Don’t fall prey to this schemes. I’m sure you received emails like “I can increase SERP ranking of your website in most search engines”. Avoid SEO scams following simple steps as below:
1. 3 Reference
- Ask to show some examples of previous work and client contact details for reference. Ask at least 3 previous clients reference that talks good about his service.
2. Google Webmaster guidelines
- Ask whether his methods on SEO are not against any of google webmaster rules. Only, good knowledge about google rules and experienced SEO person can promise this.
3. Results and lead time
- Ask what kind of results you can see and the lead time taken to deliver this.
4. Previous experience in your industry and geo location
- Attracting geo targeted visitors from specific niche needed vast resources. Ask if he have any previous work reference that is similar in your niche.
5. 3 most important SEO techniques
- List out 3 most important SEO techniques that you going to use for my website and ask reason why this method benefits better.
6. Year In Business
- Check his website and ask how long they been doing this service.
7. Close contact
- Request for close communication throughout the process with all the changes made onsite and offsite SEO with detailed information and reason for this changes.
8. Pay by Paypal
- Paypal protect buyer for 45 days from payment made date. At least, you have a warranty of 45 days given to you by third party.
Above list can help to save your money from SEO scammers. Always try to take free service or minimal order as trial.