Whenever Google page rank update comes, most bloggers will write about it in their blog. Some of them will be in joy, some will be unhappy and some may not bother at all. Obviously, it plays a major role in blogging and Internet industry. I don’t see anyone writes about their Alexa ranking got boost to below 100k. If they got PR5, that will be a great news. If my company website got PR5, I will definitely give a treat to all my staffs. So, what we do in order to get good page rank? Are you going to leave it to contents and just wait and believe in “wait and see policy”?
If your content is superb good or you are a famous person in reality, you can do that. But, what if you just wanted to try blogging and not famous like Britney Spears but have about 50 – 100 people visits your blog every day. Do you think, it can help you to increase your page rank in next google update? Wake up my friend! If you update your blog or website frequently, you still won’t get any PR. Try doing below checklist before next page rank update and monitor the results:
1. Submit new post and articles to dofollow social bookmarking sites and article directories.
2. Ask your friends and family members to link your blog with dofollow.
3. Link exchange with related blogs (make sure you get dofollow backlinks). If the other parties don’t bother about dofollow or nofollow, just give a nofollow link to them.
4. Comment on high PR dofollow blogs (PR5 pages and above)
5. Try to be on Top Commentators widget on PR5 and above blogs until next PR update. Make sure the links in top commentators are giving dofollow backlinks.
6. Reduce outgoing links from your site and blog especially dofollow links. Avoid sidewide dofollow links in your blog or website.
I will be trying out step 4, 5, 6 and 7 until next update. Which steps have you taken to increase your page rank? Do you have any additional idea, please share.